HRLA: EEO: Discrimination and Harassment Prevention
HR0070 - This course is designed to help supervisors and managers understand their legal responsibilities in preventing and addressing discrimination and workplace harassment complaints.
New or first-time managers and supervisors are required to take this class within 6 months of appointment into a supervisory position to meet the legal requirements of AB1825.
- Become familiar with the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Understand the federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination
- Be aware of the County’s policies and procedures on discrimination and harassmen
There is a 5-step process to complete these self-guided course(s):
- Staff will need to complete the Department of Fair & Equal Housing (DFEH) online Sexual Harassment Training and save and/or print their certificate of completion by going to: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/shpt/
- Staff will need to go to www.sjcengage.com and click on the Learning/Online Learning/Mandatory Courses tab
- Staff will need to select Sexual Harassment Prevention and choose whether they are supervisory or non-supervisory
- Staff will need to watch all of the supplemental videos for their designated classification. There are 4 videos for general staff and 5 videos for managers and supervisors:
- Civil Service Rule 20
- Harassment, Discrimination & Retaliation Reporting
- Manager/Supervisor Process
- Staff will need to click on the Training Acknowledgment Form and print/fill out/sign and return the form to email@example.com to receive credit for the course