MHN: Parenting Through the Trying Times of COVID-19
HR0736- During this unprecedented time of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, many parents are struggling to navigate daily life. Health concerns, economic hardship, childcare and educational challenges, parenting while working, and uncertainty about the future are some of the crucial issues that have arisen. Many parents feel understandably overwhelmed. This program provides practical tips and strategies for managing daily life as a parent in the face of the pandemic, and offers support to enhance the emotional well-being of participants and their families.
- Discuss current challenges and concerns faced by many parents
- Emphasize the value of having ‘reasonable’ expectations
- Review ways to help your child if they are anxious about COVID-19
- Review safety precautions for kids when parents work outside the home
- Consider ways to see the upside during this time
- Offer self-care reminders
Once registered, you will receive the webinar link from SJCENGAGE@sjgov.org no later than a day before the course.