Discrimination/Harassment Awareness & Prevention General
HR0151 - Attendees will learn how to recognize and prevent discrimination and harassment in the workplace. The training will also review Federal and State laws as well as County policies regarding discrimination and harassment. San Joaquin County’s Sexual Harassment Policies and Procedures and Civil Service Rule 20 will also be reviewed and discussed during the training.
Employees are required to take this class within 6 months from date of hire and repeat it every 2 years.
There is a 5-step process to complete these self-guided course(s):
- Staff will need to complete the Department of Fair & Equal Housing (DFEH) online Sexual Harassment Training and save and/or print their certificate of completion by going to: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/shpt/
- Staff will need to go to www.sjcengage.com and click on the Learning/Online Learning/Mandatory Courses tab
- Staff will need to select Sexual Harassment Prevention and choose whether they are supervisory or non-supervisory
- Staff will need to watch all of the supplemental videos for their designated classification. There are 4 videos for general staff and 5 videos for managers and supervisors:
- Civil Service Rule 20
- Harassment, Discrimination & Retaliation Reporting
- Manager/Supervisor Process
- Staff will need to click on the Training Acknowledgment Form and print/fill out/sign and return the form to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive credit for the course